Thursday, April 22, 2010

BIP so far - March 21

For the BIP, I began by speaking to the whole class. As we gathered to review what each center activity would be for the day, we stopped to talk about Puzzles & Games. “Remember today, friends, that when we are in Puzzles and Games – we’re there to have fun. Are we only there to have fun though?” I spoke to the class about how we are having fun, but what’s even more important is that we are learning. We reviewed not calling people “cheater pants” – and especially that winning or losing was not the end goal.

When the 3rd Puzzles & Games group arrived at the center, I went over and spoke to them as a group. “Friends, I would really like to see and hear some new things in this center. I would like to see people helping one another, and I would especially like to hear some kind words to our volunteer. If we are rude to a volunteer, we won’t be able to have them any more. That means that puzzles and games will be silent work at your desk, and I don’t think anyone wants that.”

That particular day I saw kindness and respect to the parent volunteer – I hope that’s a step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment